Wednesday, September 07, 2005

New Blog Name!

By now you've noticed a slight name change to the title of this blog. Rather than "Lux Fidei" it is now "Lumen Fidei."

The reason for this is, in a nutshell, my inexpertise in the Latin language, which allows me to learn new things all the time. Today I learned this:
While both "Lux" and "Lumen" = Light, Lux is only translated as Light, whereas Lumen also has the connotation of "understanding".

Since "understanding" is more closely aligned with the english meaning I intended to convey by the title "The Light of Faith", so I changed the Latin accordingly.

I am confident that this is your favorite website in the world, and you have it bookmarked so you can check it easily every day. So make sure you change your bookmark to:
http://lumenfidei.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home