Monday, June 05, 2006

The Bible, Online

And while I'm on the topic of great resources for Scripture study and research, I would be remiss if I didn't include this site, which has bailed me out many times while in a pinch for completing an assignment:

http://bible.crosswalk.com

This site has a searchable or browseable database of the entire contents of over 25 translations of the Bible. I'll put in my plug here for the best translation - the Revised Standard Version - but it's useful to sometimes see how different translations parsed out a particular passage. It's a piece of cake to do on this site. Plus, the mere ability to search the entire Bible for a particular word or phrase is worth oodles, in my book.

In addition to that handy feature, there are other tools as well: concordances, commentaries, lexicons, other historical writings, and much more.

Originally, the Word of God was part of oral tradition. Then it became part of written tradition. And now, it's part of "electronic" tradition, on this bookmark-worthy site.

1 Comments:

At 6/06/2013 4:54 PM, Anonymous Max Smart said...

www.HolyBibleSearch.net & www.BibleStudyTools.com have good tools to search/study/read the Bible online in 150 languages/translations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home