Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm back...

in school, that is.
This past weekend was yet another edifying time for reflecting upon God and learning more about Him. Because, after all, that's what Theology is. The study of God (and supernatural things).

Faith is two things:
1) An intellectual assent to certain truths (i.e. the Creed).
2) A personal relationship with my Lord and Savior.

Studying theology gives a better understanding of the truths to which I assent. (#1 above) And it also helps strengthen my relationship with God (#2 above), in the same way that learning more about my wife helps strengthen my relationship with her. Even being married for 2 1/2 years, I still learn new things each and every day. I don't doubt that I will say the same, even after 25 years. And each new thing (okay, well, most new things... sorry, Joy!), endears her to me ever more.

That is why I study Theology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home